[mythtv-users] MythTV wiki page for IguanaIR

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:00:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would start over.  I didn't need to compile LIRC at all.
>
> From http://iguanaworks.net/downloads.php?distro=deb
>
> Download the main driver package and the precompiled lirc.
>
> Run sudo dpkg -i on both files.
>
> Make sure that you've got libusb 1.0 installed.
>
> snip...

So, filling in the blanks for those of _us_ who manage to turn the
simplest things into furballs, you're saying to:
1) launch synaptic and install libusb-1.0-0-dev, if that isn't what's
already installed
2) edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add these two lines at the end:
       deb-src http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/debian source/
       deb http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/debian binary-i386/
3) run the command:
       sudo apt-get install iguanair
    or download the iguanair package
(http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/debian/binary-i386/iguanair_1.0pre2_i386.deb)
with something like wget or a browser and install it with the command:
        sudo dpkg -i <download_location>/iguanair_1.0pre2_i386.deb
4) download the IguanaWorks revised lirc package
(http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/lirc_0.8.6-0ubuntu2_i386.deb) with
something like wget or a browser and install it with the command:
        sudo dpkg -i <download_location>/lirc_0.8.6-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
5) check if iguanair daemon is working and iguanair is in the
supported lirc driver list
_Then_ we can get into the fun of configuring everything and
implementing the tuning scripts, etc.

Did I get that right?

Craig.