[mythtv-users] "Archiving" scheduling recordings

Terence Ripperda ripperda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:01:48 UTC 2010

I have a mythtv setup where I use a combination of a local disk and an NAS
for storage.

I use the local disk for recordings off the air, and the NAS storage for
videos ripped from disk. I don't necessarily want to keep all of my
scheduled recordings, but would like to select some of them to archive to
the NAS for long term storage (as if I had gotten a dvd and ripped it). I've
looked around, but haven't seen any data on how to do this.

Is the best way to manually copy the files over and rescan the videos? Is
there an easy way to associate a recording with the file on disk?

Thanks,
Terence