[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings - Fan Art

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 16:26:41 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for all your suggestions and for taking the time to look at this
issue for me.

>I would go into /etc/cron.weekly,cron.hourly,cron.daily and remove any
>reference to mythvideo
Thanks for this.  I found a reference to mythvideo as below.
#!/bin/sh
#Daily maintenance mode for Jamu
DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -M >>
'/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
fi
The log is only 500kb, but doesn't contain any timestamps so I can't
determine when this process started running.  If honest, the first programme
in the log is the first programme that I recorded, so I can only assume that
this process has been running since installation.
The log's second entry is:
-----Scheduled & Recorded Statistics-------
Number of Scheduled & Recorded ......(   83)
Number of Fanart graphics found .....(    0)
Number of Poster graphics found .....(    0)
Number of Banner graphics found .....(    0)
Number of Fanart graphics downloaded (   22)
Number of Poster graphics downloaded (   16)
Number of Banner graphics downloaded (    9)
Number of Miro TV Shows ............ (    0)
Number of Miro Movie Trailers ...... (    0)
So it looks like it is downloading all of the images.

> This happens if you also have the same title in your video/movie
> selection.
Thanks for this suggestion - but very few (if any) of the recorded
programmes are the same as in the video collection.  The log shown
previously would also suggest that these images are being downloaded.

My best guess right now is that this mythvideo/jamu process was running
daily and was downloading the images (as the log file would suggest), and
has been downloading the images for sometime.
What I still don't understand is why these images should suddenly (after
~6mths and a few reboots) decide to appear now?  Either we've enabled them
somehow (a keypress), or something else is going on that I don't yet
understand.
Any suggestions on how to stop them appearing would also be appreciated.

Thanks all,

MG