[mythtv-users] Multiple Hauppauge USB2 transceivers

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 12:05:56 UTC 2010

I have an IguanaIR USB transceiver that just went bad. I have it because
I have three tuners and Comcast has gone all digital in my area with the
Qam channels encrypted so I have three DTA's and the IguanaIR device can
blast up to four devices. So I am waiting to get a replacement one but
in the mean time I had to resort back to my MCEUSB2 transceiver.

So I have a question about the MCEUSB2 transceivers, I know they have
two blaster ports so I tried to use a splitter since I pulled apart the
cover and saw the jacks are stereo jacks inside. So I tried the stereo
to two mono splitter I use with the IguanaIR to see if it would let me
use three transmitters, two blasters in port one using the splitter and
the third blaster in port 2. When I try to do an "irsend
set_transmitters 3" it tells me that only two blasters are supported.

I am not sure if this is a driver limitation or a hardware limitation so
my first question is do they really only have two usable blaster ports?
My second question is can I use a second MCEUSB2 unit for a third
blaster port? If so how do you setup a second USB unit for blasting only?

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
mbppg.com