[mythtv-users] XMLTV RT GRabber Channels but No Programs

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:24:51 UTC 2010

On 1 August 2010 09:13, Charlie Mason <charlie.mas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to get MythTV to use XMLTV to grab listings for UK Freesat
> using the Radio Times grabber. I have configured the Freesat.xmltv in
> the ~/.mythtv directory. I have also input the XMLTV ids into the
> channel table.
>
> When I run mythfilldatabase it seems to run XMLTV fine, it even
> imports the Channel Icons, but I don't get any listings data populated
> for the Freesat Channels.

Listings have been missing from the Radio Times server on and off for
the last few days. This is being discussed on the xmltv-users list,
which you might want to follow if you use XMLTV.

Listings do seem to have been restored this morning, so I'd try again
now if you haven't tried yet this morning (after 0600).

> I diced to manually run the grabber with the Freesat.xmltv config
> file. The output XML contains all the Channel entries and the URLs to
> the channel icons. It does not contain any Program entries, which
> would explain why no listings are getting updated.

Run the grabber with the '--debug' option to get more detailed
information on what's going on. If you still don't get any listings,
please send me the debug info.

> I did have to upgrade XMLTV because the RT grabber is broken in Ubuntu
> Lucid Lynx so I installed a more up to date version from an Ubuntu PPA
> specifically built to resolve the Lucid Lynx issue. From what I can
> tell XMLTV is installed ok.

What's the output from:

$ tv_grab_uk_rt --version

Cheers,