[mythtv-users] comcast dta remedial help

Nathan S mysmartev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 04:06:58 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I am trying to setup my lovely comcast DTA's with my PVR500 and I must
overlooking something obvious.  It is a DCI1011COM and is working fine on a
regular TV.  The PVR500 is also able to see the few channels that still
work.  However I can not get anything other than static on Myth from the DTA
when I connect it and try to configure myth.  I know I will need to get an
IR signal to change the channels, but I can't even see anything yet.

Can anyone help with a detailed procedure as to what to do with the grabber,
channel lineup, etc...?   I thought it would have been as simple as set the
"preset tuner to channel" 3 and then I could use the remote for the DTA to
change channels as the first step in getting this working.

I love my Mythtv, but oh man is it a time sucking abyss every so often.

Thanks.

Nathan.