[mythtv-users] 720p plasma with myth

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:52:51 UTC 2010

We picked an LCD to avoid the plasma burn in problem.  Did not want to have
to replace the TV in two years.

> Dan
>
> Plasma screens today have many anti-burn in features and it is not nearly
the issue it was 5 years ago.  That said, if you turn your TV on and leave
it sit on the recordings menu for hours on end, you may not like the result;
however, don't think that an LCD display won't burn in.  I've seen it on LCD
screens in the plant where I work where graphics stay the same most of the
time.  You can still see the ghost image when the display changes.  Granted,
it is after many months, but it does happen.

 It just comes down being responsible with your hardware.

-- Ken E.