[mythtv-users] 720p plasma with myth

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:46:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
[SNIP]
> The reason why you're losing pixels either side: modelines must be set up as
> multiples of 8 pixels, hence 1360. I forget the reason, it's probably to do
> with shuffling things in and out of registers on the video card.

Actually you can use 1366x768 but it takes some extra options on the
nvidia driver, something about "width mode validation". If you disable
it then it will accept widths that are not in multiples of 8's. My
Vizio has a native resolution of 1366x768 but I can only use it with
the VGA input, it explains in the manual that the HDMI input is for
720p or 1080i only.

Richard