[mythtv-users] Strange networking issue with Acer Revo AR1600 on GBit

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Apr 30 00:53:00 UTC 2010

    > Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:12:54 -0700
    > From: Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>

    > On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 06:42, Daniel Born <born_daniel at yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > P.S. Why am I the only one with this problem, (or maybe not)?

    > I've been watching this thread, since I have the same setup as you..
    > but I don't have a network problem.

I don't have the hardware, but it sure sounds like flaky hardware.

Just for yucks, though:  Ever check the ARP cache?  Maybe something's
poisoning it.  If you can type at it in the failed state without
un-failing it and covering the tracks, type "arp -n".  Do so in a
working state as well, of course.  (The -n is so it doesn't try a
DNS query, which might muddy the waater.)

Or set up a job somewhere that does -not- cause any network traffic
(e.g., writes to a file but not over a network connection to your
screen) that periodically appends the output of arp to a file.  Maybe
once every ten minutes or so.

Might tell you nothing, but if it changes when the failure happens...