[mythtv-users] Advice please: school mythtv project

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 02:33:02 UTC 2010

> Tools can be used properly or improperly, and Myth is certainly a tool that
> has a lot of potential for education.

I have been told that the teachers are quite excited by the idea of
being able to record material for use in the classrooms. Windows being
the standard desktop operating system is my biggest issue. I would
like this changed but it is just too hard to do.

I would however like to get this thread back on topic.

Are there any suggestions relating to simplifying the user experience?
As much as I would like to have a frontend installed in every
classroom, the computers need to run Windows and this presents a
problem. I guess I could dual boot but I don't believe that would be
practical and this could potentially detract from the acceptance of
the solution.

What are people's thoughts on ad skipping/removal, transcoding and
de-interlacing?

Any suggestions on the process of setting up recordings in a shared environment?

It kind of sounds like no one has done this before?

Cheers

Phil