[mythtv-users] Quadro NVS 140M and VDPAU - not working

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 28 21:20:39 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sully" <rcs at malibyte.net>
To: "Mythtv users' list" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 7:13 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Quadro NVS 140M and VDPAU - not working

>It has an nVidia Quadro NVS 140M video card with 256M RAM (which is apparently the minimum video memory necessary).

A recent post by JYA confirmed only 256M was necessary for HD, its the extra myth stuff that adds a higher requirement such as OSD
(and I am not sure what else)

As you know the Dell Spec says:

nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M - 256 MB of video memory (dedicated) at <512 MB of system memory, or 512 MB of video memory (dedicated plus
shared) >= 1 GB of system memory

How do you know you only have 256M of useable video RAM?

As best I can tell the NVS 140M should have 512M available when there is 4G motherboard RAM installed as you report.

How much RAM does "NVIDIA X Server Settings" say under the "GPU 0" Tab?

I found one report of someone who thought they had 256M but in their X log it said:  (--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes    What
does yours say?

Interesting about mplayer, it does seem to suggest there may be a problem with the mplayer deinterlacer settings?

I've decided to have a go with one of these rigs also, so if I get myth(buntu) working properly I'll post.