[mythtv-users] Master backend comes up as slave backend

Timothy E. Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Wed Apr 28 14:04:14 UTC 2010

Since doing a fresh install of Mythdora 12.23 I am having an odd problem. I
have one backend and several frontneds.  In my backend if I put anything
besides 127.0.0.1 in mythtv-setup for local backend IP address and master
backend IP address the backend comes up (as reported in mythbackend.log) as
a slave backend.  I want to use the eth0 interface IP address (in my case
192.168.188.231) as recommended when there are multiple frontends.

I am absolutely positive I have done something bone headed but for the life
of can not figure it out.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tim