[mythtv-users] IOBOUND errors after kernel upgrade from 2.6.31 to 2.6.32

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 04:07:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Yan-Fa Li <yanfali at gmail.com> wrote:
>> CFQ is now the default I/O scheduler and it favors interactive rather
>> than server loads by default.
>>
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/355987/
>>

> The CFQ sceduler is enabled:
>
> CONFIG_IOSCHED_CFQ=y
>
> ...but it's not the default:
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_AS=y
>
> ...which is exactly as it is in 2.6.31...as a matter of fact, all
> kernel parameters with SCHED or DEFAULT anywhere in the parameter name
> are the same in both.
>
> By the way, my recordings tonight (three HD shows at a time with one
> commflagging) are going without a hitch tonight with the 2.6.31
> kernel.
>
> I wonder if anything changed in EXT4??
>
> Tom

Just to be clear:  I upgrade kernels by copying my previous .config
file to the new kernel source directory and using "make oldconfig".
So generally the only differences tend to be with new features.

It's really disappointing to have that happen with that sort of
upgrade, and it seems clear the new kernel was causing the IOBOUND
errors.

I may rerun the "make oldconfig" and pay more attention to the new
stuff, but I don't recall seeing anything that might be related to
this.

Tom