[mythtv-users] recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault

David Scammell davescammell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:38:49 UTC 2010

On 27 April 2010 20:52, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 27/04/10 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>> I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).
>>
>> However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
>> cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
>> try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
>> it works on both live tv and recorded.
>>
>> I can play the file in vlc.
>>
>> any ideas?

Not here but (a little) more information; mythcommflag appears to get
stuck flagging these recordings, forever. I haven't ever see segfaults
in mythfrontend as such with this issue. I upgraded to last nights svn
0.23+fixes today and still have commflagging issues with these
recordings. I will likely switch off commflagging entirely as its not
greatly useful for the channels I watch in the UK and Quest isn't a
biggy either. Happy to have a prod around if that would help anyone
though.
cheers dave

debian lenny/squeeze vdpau