[mythtv-users] transfer new shows to portable player

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 27 16:32:17 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 07:33 AM, nivwiz wrote:
> I am not sure if this post belongs here or in the development mailing list.
> pls correct me if I am wrong.

Here.  Thanks for checking first.  :)

> I am seeking a program/script to automate the copying of recorded shows to
> my portable player.
> I am writing to ask if such a program exist or what keywords to use in
> google in order to find it, as I didnt so far.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Scripts
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:User_Job_Scripts
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs

(we're actually just starting to move pretty much all the external,
contributed scripts and applications to the wiki--and they will appear
linked in the Category pages)

> I would like this program to receive a size it is allowed to use on the
> remote portable player , which I already mounted as /mnt/player.
> the program will be called every night at 3AM and take the last 10 recorded
> shows and copy them to the remote player.
> the program will first remove "old" shows from the player , to free space.
> Did anyone wrote this?

That I can't say, but above is a good place to start looking.

Mike