[mythtv-users] Help: Error after upgrade to 0.23

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Apr 26 19:35:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 02:44:38PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/26/2010 02:38 PM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
> >After upgrading to 0.23 from 0.22 (ATRPMS testing) I am unable to
> >start mythbackend. I get the message:
> >Starter mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: symbol lookup error:
> >/usr/lib64/libmyth-0.23.so.0: undefined symbol:
> >_ZNK16QAbstractSpinBox16inputMethodQueryEN2Qt16InputMethodQueryE
> >
> >And it fails to start. Any ideas? I googled the error but didn't
> >find anything!
> >
> >P.S.: My wife is killing me!!
>
> You left old 0.22 libraries/packages on your system.
>
> I recommend uninstalling all Myth stuff, then making sure there's no
> MythTV libs/binaries/includes anywhere on your system, then
> reinstalling 0.23-fixes.

This looks like a qt symbol and Fedora had a qt upgrade a couple of
weeks ago. Maybe all you need is a plain yum update against Fedora and
allowing all of Fedora to update its packages? E.g. you are somehow
filtering out updates-released.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net