[mythtv-users] Help: Error after upgrade to 0.23

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Apr 26 19:34:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the fast answer! Doesn't sound good:-( How much will I lose when uninstalling? - what about the database?
>
> Nothing.
>
> I actually had a similar problem, after I originally just activated
> atrpms-testing and did "yum updte *myth&"
> I believe I fixed it with something like (from within "yum shell"
>
> remove *[mM]yth*-0.22*
> update *[mM]yth*
>
> run
>

> Maybe I did a run between the two, I don't really remember.

Just got word from Axel. He says this symbol issue is due to people
installing mythtv 0.23 packages built against the latest Fedora qt
package, which has been in updates for some time now, but these same
people have not updated to on their systems. In short, this should fix
the problems:

# yum upgrade qt\*

Not sure why rpm deps aren't picking up the need for an updated qt,
I'd definitely expect them to have done so.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com