[mythtv-users] Please Wait...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 26 19:20:03 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 03:06 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 04/26/2010 08:26 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>
>>> No hard drives are spinning up.  The back end runs 24x7 with no power
>>> management.
>>>
>>> I was thinking it's just the front end making an SQL connection.
>>>
>> Update to current 0.23-fixes
> Can a full mysql backup of .22-fixes be restored to .23-fixes to keep user data?

I don't understand the question.  Basically, for an upgrade, you should
let MythTV 0.23-fixes upgrade your 0.22-fixes database to the proper
schema version.  If you're moving your database from one distro install
to another (or upgrading MySQL server), you should do a full restore of
a 0.22-fixes database /before/ running any MythTV programs and use
mythtv-setup (preferred, or mythbackend for the lazy people who are
feeling lucky) to automatically upgrade it to the 0.23-fixes schema.

There's /absolutely/ no reason to do a partial restore of your database
unless you've actually broken the database schema.  A partial restore
can never be used across differing schema versions.

Mike