[mythtv-users] Two tuners - Best setup?

stan stanlist at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 16:42:51 UTC 2010

I have two identical Hauppauge 950Q USB tuners each fed by the same rooftop
antenna with a splitter.  I receive only OTA ATSC, and my program guide is
EIT only.   I’m using one computer running both mythtv frontend and backend.

What is the best way to define each of the tuners?  There are too many
combinations to try them all.

Should I define both tuners for EIT scanning, or only one?  If one, should
one or the other be a higher priority, and, if so, how?

Should I do a channel scan on the second defined tuner and “disregard
duplicate channels”?  Should both tuners be connected the same "Video
source" which I name EIT?

Ideally, I'd like

	- Recording/watching two shows - Both tuners should be receiving
shows
	- Recording/watching one show - One tuner should be receiving the
show and the other should be EIT scanning
	- Neither recording nor watching - Both tuners should be EIT
scanning on different channels

--stan