[mythtv-users] Can't tune comcast 709 (KQED) over firewire (DCH3200) but can tune others (not 5c?)

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Apr 26 06:46:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 04:11:09PM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> says:
> > Recently, my mythtv started failing to record some shows from KQED over
> > firewire (comcast 709 in the San Francisco Bay Area).
>
> Not a 5C issue;
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/433595#433595>.
> Get an antenna and an over-the-air tuner.

Thanks.

Son of a bitch. I just realized that comcast also just killed comedy central
in my market, and OTA isn't going to help here
(I get LAMc on this one, which I think means encrypted).

Just to check with others, Comedy Central used to be 107#10 with my
hdhomerun, and now it's gone.
I might be able to get it through firewire still... but WTF?

Well, I guess it sounds like they've finally decided they don't want the
money from people in the silicon valley anymore even though they have a near
monopoly.

I suppose I can now talk to the FCC about antitrust and illegal bundling of
their PVRs for the privilege of time shifting content I'm already paying
for, while looking at just getting comedy central directly over the internet
and likely ditching comcast soon.

Good job comcast.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/