[mythtv-users] Can't tune comcast 709 (KQED) over firewire (DCH3200) but can tune others (not 5c?)

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Apr 25 20:23:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:46:00AM -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:16, Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> wrote:
> > [I am on the list, but Cc of replies is appreciated]
> >
> > Recently, my mythtv started failing to record some shows from KQED over
> > firewire (comcast 709 in the San Francisco Bay Area).
> >
> > First, I made sure 709 works fine through the cable box alone.
> >
> > Then I went in the diagnostic screen
> > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Configuration#How_To_Check_If_5C_DTCP_is_Enabled
> > (using remote, power button, ok/select, menu D11 while I'm on channel 709)
> >
> > Screen #3 shows:
> > 1394
> > Data Xmission Active
> > 5c implementation: No
> > Copy control: Copy Free
> >
> > So this implies that 5c is not active.
> >
> > Yet, mythtv won't tune it. I used to have 0.21, just upgraded to 0.23 and no
> > progress.
> > Other channels (I use over 10) continue to work fine over firewire.
> >
> > Any idea what else could be going on here?
>
> did you try to change the channel using the script outside of Myth?

Mythtv changes the channel fine, I can see it displayed on the DCH-3200.
After myth fails to tune the channel if I switch my TV to displaying the
video output of the DCH-3200, my channel is tuned and playing.

It just won't go through firewire for some reason, which usually is a 5c
problem but the box says 5c is disabled, so I'm at a loss...

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/