[mythtv-users] 0.23 and database upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 24 23:11:21 UTC 2010

On 04/24/2010 06:52 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:17:14 am The GUIGuy wrote:
>
>>> Depends - did you backup your database? :)
>>>
>> hmmm, looks like the upgrade script created one.
>>
>> What are the risks in interrupting the upgrade script to get it out of
>> its (seemingly) endless loop?
>>
> Unsure myself, but I would be wary.

Without a good backup, you should be wary--as it can destroy everything.

Before any DB upgrade, MythTV will (attempt to) make a DB backup.  So,
check for a DB backup such as mythconverg-1244-20100424193742.sql.gz in
either a directory in the DB Backups storage group (if you've ever
defined one) or in directories in your Default storage group

If you find that backup, let me know.  Also, post the tail end of the
mythfrontend log (the currently stuck mythfrontend log--maybe about the
last 100 lines).  The frontend will only upgrade plugin schemas, so we
can see which of your plugins' configuration is broken.

Mike