[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 23 10:15:59 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> You all never see channel IDs and that's not a problem.  Why?  Because
> the channel IDs are irrelevant because we make available the important
> information you /do/ need (channel number, callsign, description, etc.).

I beg to differ. Channel IDs form the first four (or more) characters of the
file names that Myth uses when it stores media files on disk.

Sometimes it is /essential/ to know what these are in order to debug a borked
recording. Ex: knowing a faulty Anime broadcast on Film4 doesn't help me find it
in order to run diagnostic tools on the file. Knowing that Film4=1015 helps
greatly in locating it on disk. And no, running mythrename.pl isn't always a
suitable tool for this job.

--

Mike Perkins