[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Tom Furie tom at furie.org.uk
Fri Apr 23 01:01:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:19:20PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Note, also, that this approach is one of many different tools you can
> use to customize your Live TV usage.  Others include the many Live TV
> and scheduler-related settings (which, in various combinations have
> varying effects).  Also, if you enable/disable a setting and don't see
> the effect, it's likely that you have other settings that are making the
> effect differ from what you expect or you're not taking into account
> various constraints that are placed on the setting.  This--the settings
> bloat and the unmanageable maze of effects they have--is why most people
> don't have their systems configured properly for what they want.

Is there, anywhere, a clear and simple (relatively, given the number of
knots that need to be untied) document of what each setting does and how
it interacts with other settings?

It appears to me that a major part of the confusion over why things
don't always seem to work as expected, is due to this documentation
being missing.

Cheers,
Tom

--
A man who turns green has eschewed protein.