[mythtv-users] master backend not shutting down

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:59:07 UTC 2010

I have my master backend set to shutdown after 3 minutes idle time.
Normally this works as expected - it wakes up to record or to serve a
front end and shuts down otherwise. But occasionally the front end
does not shutdown cleanly (e.g from a power down caused by holding the
power switch). Is there some way to force the backend to check that
the front end it thinks is connected really is and shutdown anyway if
it is not?

Of course we shouldn't do forced shutdowns, but from time to time the
remote fails to work, and this is always after the laptop has been
powered off for the night.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris