[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos - 95032

Tim Ashman tim at ashmans.net
Wed Apr 21 23:59:34 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 04:32:27 pm Mark Knecht wrote:
--snip

> I end up asking myself why pay this company anything? We all dislike
> them, or worse, and yet we continue to take it. I think this is the
> time for me to look for alternatives. I'm sure it will hurt a bit, but
> sometimes with pain comes gain....
>
> - Mark

When comcast did this in my area I bought an antenna from radio shack and
dropped back my cable to "Basic Analog" which I had to ask for.  This costs
me $16/month and gives me analog cable from 1-32 or 33..

I use the cable for live tv into my actual TV but I use the antenna into my
myth backend with three digitial capture cards.

I've gotten use to not having some of the shows I like but I really like not
paying comcast all that money.  The myth records in HD OTA and it is
beautiful.

If comcast ever kills the basic analog I'll just purchase a second antenna and
hook it up to my tv.

tim