[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos - 95032

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:54:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 15:26, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just reporting in.
>
> Looks like Comcast converted everything in Los Gatos (SF Bay Area)
> above channel 33 last night to encrypted. So far as I can tell only my
> low channels got recorded last night, everything above channel 33
> didn't record. I've reset everything by hand today but none of it
> works recording above 33. Myth Live TV only works up to channel 33.
> Nothing else seems to play. Live TV says 96% signal strendth on
> Channel 63 (Comedy Central here) and lists the program but nothing
> starts playing. The channels af course work on the STB.

I just checked and I can confirm that. I'm not in Los Gatos, but right
on the line between LG and San Jose.
I also get signal strength of 96% on channels like 36 (FX) but no lock.

Are you sure that they are now encrypted and not a particular problem?

That just sucks. Just when I got all my BE back up and running, they
had to do this.

(I'm glad I got Damages finale recorded!)

--
Brad Fuller
+1 (408) 335-0112