[mythtv-users] Thoughts on a hardware lineup..

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:22:27 UTC 2010

Thanks for all the input.   I revised the list (diff motherboard,
graphics card, etc.).  Better?

 * Intel Core i3 Processor i3-540 3.06GHz 4MB LGA1156 CPU

 * Biostar DDR3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard TH55XE

 * OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Low Voltage Dual Channel

 * ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GT 220 1 GB DDR3 DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video
Card ZT-20201-10L (not fanless, but several reviews said it was pretty
quiet)

 * Scythe Shuriken Rev.B SCSK-1100 Low-Profile HTPC Media Center
Copper Heatpipe Quiet CPU Fan Cooler 10.5-31.67dBA 11.8-31.91CFM for
Intel

 * SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR-US Dual Networked High Definition
Digital Television (White) - SiliconDust USA, Inc

Possibly an Antec Fusion Remote Black HTPC case...

I understand that cooling is an issue and the case it's going in now
is adequately ventilated.  I have an existing power supply, but I
don't know if the Core i[357] CPUs need a different power supply or
not.  Thoughts?