[mythtv-users] Is backend involved when watching a recording.

Ramasubramanian Ramesh rramesh at ti.com
Wed Apr 21 16:28:34 UTC 2010

I am trying to troubleshoot  occasional hiccup/stutter while watching
recorded shows. I tried looking for potential problem in frontend log
and found that mythweather fired everytime there was a stutter. I
removed mythweather and the situation improved, but the trouble did not
go away. Frontend log shows nothing meaningful for the occasional
stutter now. Thus I am interested in finding out if backend has any
influence on the frontend if both are in the same box when I am watching
recorded shows.  I have standard mythbuntu 9.04 install with mythtv 0.22.
I do not watch when a recording or mycommflag is active.

My hardware is Athlon (socket 939, 2G) with  9400GT+VDPAU normal. I have
disabled cpufreq and have done every optimization mythtv twiki
recommends. When the hickups happen, the load on the system < 25%.

I do not get this when watching videos (but videos (DVD contents) are
not HD )

Is the buffer size setup (I think backend)  important for replaying
recorded shows?

Ramesh