[mythtv-users] Wierd breakup

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 09:51:48 UTC 2010

I have a backend equipped with four Hauppauge Nova-T USB tuners pulling
in UK DVB-T.  It's all been running fine, but suddenly we're getting
odd breakup on E4.  It isn't like normal DVB-T breakup from a bad
signal and audio isn't affected - it looks more like the frontend not
decoding it properly as huge blocks leap around, but it happens on all
front ends.

Last night, it affected three recordings on C4, so it might just be
that mux, but it really doesn't feel like that.

I guess one of the tuners might be failing, so I'll try pulling them
one-by-one, but this seems to need a machine reboot as even lsusb hangs
when I hot plug/unplug these tuners.

Anything else I should try?

Ian