[mythtv-users] LiveTV on HVR-4000 not working- 0.22/F12

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Wed Apr 21 07:45:34 UTC 2010

<snip>

> Couple of minor things. Your dummy channel change script
> should end with
> /bin/true so that Myth thinks it worked correctly, and I
> understood the default
> output channel from a Virgin box to be channel 60. That's
> what mine was set at
> when I had it to replace my original NTL box, and I had to
> ask the engineer to
> move it because one of my local broadcast muxes is also
> channel 60, so there was
> a conflict.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the backend log and it appears that Myth is seeing a successful
completion of the channel change script:

2010-04-18 09:35:52.425 External channel change: /bin/echo
2010-04-18 09:35:52.426 Waiting for External Tuning program to exit
2010-04-18 09:35:52.435 ret_pid(3132) child(3132) status(0x0)
2010-04-18 09:35:52.436 External Tuning program no longer running
2010-04-18 09:35:52.436 External Tuning program exited with no error

I also rechecked the frequency coming out of the Virgin STB. An mplayer scan and my analogue TV both
confirm the signal to be on channel 21 (471.25MHz). I tried tuning mplayer to channel 60 just in
case but there was no signal.

It looks increasingly like Myth is either mis-tuning or completely failing to tune the on-card tuner
(whilst thinking that it is successful in tuning the card). Switching between channels with
radically different frequencies (which give recognisably different video output in mplayer) fails to
show any change in video output in Myth, suggesting that Myth is actually not retuning between
channels.

Do you know of any way in the VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY ioctl calls can be persuaded to output debug
information?

Thanks again,

Mike