[mythtv-users] Working HVR-1800

Barry Fawthrop barry at isscp.com
Tue Apr 20 18:21:37 UTC 2010

To Ken

Okay I tried again
Cable in 3rd connector, selected DVB v3.x
Nothing No channels scanned
Nothing scanned by Kaffeine either

So being so frustrated I went and bought a HVR-950Q USB adapter

It works in Kaffeine scans many channels some I can watch some have
 " cannot find multiplexer plugin for the given media data "

in MythTV Backend
Selecting DVB 3.0 adapter1 (as HVR-1800 is still adapter 0)

It scans some channels and some encrypted it says
QAM-256 IRC 123 -- Timed out, 7 possible channels
Program 2803, Encrypted
Program 2811, Encrypted
QAM-256 IRC 133 -- Timed out, 8 possible channels

Is the Timed out okay???

So either the HVR-1800 Card is faulty OR the drivers are bad ?
So how do I test which ?

Or do I just take the HVR-1800 out.
Pushing my luck I would like to be able to use both so I can record one
channel and watch another, but this is icing on the cake from what I
have now.

Thanks again for everything

Barry