[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Apr 20 15:25:57 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Which is never necessary if you record everything you might /possibly/
> want to watch rather than only recording things you know you want to
> watch.  If you do, Live TV has absolutely no use whatsoever...

I can see how that would work for a lot of people, if there likes and
dislikes are quite definite and can be judged pretty accurately
by title, but I don't get why you'd think that would work for
everyone. It wouldn't work for me. What should I do on the odd
occasions when I've watched the latest episodes of my favourite
recordings, I've also watched a bit of a few things I speculatively
recorded but have gotten sick of them and feel like a change?
Even if I knew when those occasions were going to come up, I
don't have sufficient tuners to record all channels at once,
and I don't know which might have something unexpectedly of
interest.

Paul.