[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:21:58 UTC 2010

On 20 April 2010 07:27, mugginz <feed.mugginz at internode.on.net> wrote:
[snip livetv]
> Must disagree that LiveTV is never needed.  It's a bug in MythTV.  Nothing
> more.  This can be fixed.  No need for going through contortions once it is
> fixed.

Just thought I'd jump in here, I've been a UK myth user for over 2
years now, and I still watch more live TV (through myth) than I watch
recorded shows, I'm not sure if this is down to me watching a lot of
stuff on the BBC (no adverts to annoy me) or just the fact that I tend
to have the TV on in the background whilst doing other things (the PC
is in the same room.) but I will second the notion that Live TV is a
useful and important feature for some people.

As an example from last week, there was a documentary on after a
programme I'd watched, I'd seen it in the schedules and thought it
didn't look interesting so didn't record it. Happened to have the TV
on whenit started and enjoyed it very much, always safe in the
knowlage that if I had to go out or someone came round I could just
hit record or pause and finish it later.

A lot of my viewing is like that and I would really miss live TV.

Ian