[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 12:28:52 UTC 2010

> Those of us who are saying that the current approach is the best
> approach for a DVR happen to see the reasons why MythTV can't just
> switch inputs automatically.  If it does, it will break recordings.

Having read this argument a number of times - whenever this topic
appears on the list - I still don't understand how it is the case. If
the user can access a channel by pressing NEXTCARD, then why can't
Myth access it for them without the help of this button-press?

> If you don't believe me, write the code yourself--and you'll see.  (Or,
> if you don't, when you submit it for review and people tell you all the
> problems it causes, then you'll see.)

I'm not a coder, sadly. If you would deign to stoop to the level of a
mere mortal luser and explain *why* this would cause problems, I'd be
interested :-)