[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 20 10:10:19 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 05:55 AM, mugginz wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:24:28 pm Tortise wrote:
>
>> From: "Raymond Wagner
>>> Solution C - Add each tuner with one virtual tuner.  Then go back and
>>>
>> add in additional virtual tuners, ensuring the three physical tuners are
>> the first three that will be selected.
>>
>> I presume this method also works as it comes from highly regarded sources?
>>
>> I've not tested it myself yet as there has not (so far) been the need for
>> me however it is likely to arise,
>>
>> Would it be worth suggesting someone write a script or routine that
>> automates doing that manual process which is quite newb unfriendly?
>>
>> (visitors, especially the elderly with very non agile mind sets remind me
>> as another reason for livetv)
>>
> Unfortunately this does solve the issue as described and still requires the
> use of the NEXTCARD key.

Only when you have insufficient hardware for what you're trying to
do--when you have all of your physical cards tied up with recordings or
other Live TV sessions and you try to start a new Live TV session.  Get
another capture card, and it solves all your problems--the price for
being too lazy to hit NEXTCARD, I suppose.

Mike