[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 19 20:06:53 UTC 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 02:00:17 pm mugginz wrote:

> It is quite surprising just how many consumer PVRs have bugs.  And in
>  typical fashion once they have your money you no longer matter with a lot
>  of electronics companies.

It doesn't surprise me when consumer electronics has bugs, but I am amazed
that so many of them are MAJOR bugs, onces that should have been spotted
immediately and not have to have waited on user feedback to be discovered.

I guess the rush to get to market, and start getting some revenue, is just too
powerful a factor. Since in so many cases, like cable companies and satellite
outfits, the consumer has no real alternative,  they can get away with pushing
any sort of crap. Most cable TV customers aren't even aware that there are
alternatives, so a reputation for buggy products doesn't impact sales.