[mythtv-users] Working HVR-1800

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:28:25 UTC 2010

> Does anyone have a working setup with an Hauppauge HVR-1800
> No matter what I try the best I can get is video with tvtime and no
> audio.
>
> Barry:

I have an HVR-1800 currently working on my system.  I am using Jaunty
(ubuntu 9.04) and I installed the v4l-dvb source.  It has been a while since
I set it up and I am only using the digital tuner.  It has been very
reliable for me for almost two years.  How can I help you?

ken at mythtv:~$ dmesg | grep 1800
[   14.674302] CORE cx23885[0]: subsystem: 0070:7801, board: Hauppauge
WinTV-HVR1800 [card=2,autodetected]

-- Ken E.