[mythtv-users] Working HVR-1800

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Apr 19 18:03:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry at isscp.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a working setup with an Hauppauge HVR-1800
> No matter what I try the best I can get is video with tvtime and no
> audio.
>
> I have tried different scanning options and I'm still no-where and
> clueless

I've got an 1800. They're a bit quirky. If I'm remembering correctly,
there are two /dev/videoX devices for the analog side of the card, one
is routed through the mpeg2 encoder, and is the one you want mythtv to
use. The other is a raw video only "preview" device. I'm not actually
using my 1800 for anything at the moment though, its in a test rig
that at present, isn't connected to anything, as I've been wiring up
the finished half of the basement... (Finally finished running ~250ft
of speaker, coax and network cable and installed all the faceplates,
binding posts, etc. this past weekend)...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com