[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

mugginz feed.mugginz at internode.on.net
Mon Apr 19 15:49:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 06:05:14 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 15:38, mugginz wrote:
> > Will now investigate the virtual tuner options in C.  Can't say I've
> > heard of them though for this scenario.
>
> When you set 'Max Tuners' to 2, that was two virtual tuners.  The way
> you have it set up now, recorders one and two are off the first physical
> card, three and four are off the second physical card, and so on...
>
> The way you want to set it up is to have recorders one, two and three
> each be connected to their own physical tuner.  Then you fill in
> additional virtual tuners as desired.

I set it up this way an doesn't really work as expected.

Added tuner 1, 2 and 3 with Max Tuners set to 1
Then modified tuner 1 by setting it to Max Tuners to 2 and did the same for the
other two tuners.

Then started watching live TV. Went through channels to make sure they're all
easily selectable.  Then went to channel 7 and pressed 'R' to begin recording.
At this stage I could still go to any other channel without having to manually
select another one so this was an improvement.  Switched to channel 9 and
began recording that, then went to channel 10 and began recording that.  At
this stage I could use channel up and down do move to any other channel, but
when selecting a channel not available in the multiplexes being recorded it
would simply switch to the closest channel possible.  In this test, I selected
channel 2 but because it wasn't in an available multiplex it switched to
channel 7.

Fixed I thought, but,.... having made the first channel switch (to channel 7),
I could then only move between channels in the channel 7 multiplex.

So that prescribed method is a little better than how it is by default, it
still is a bit borked.

Is there anyone that can point me roughly to the area in the source code that
deals with the channel selection functionality?  This really needs to be fixed
so I'll have a look at it to see if there's something I can do.