[mythtv-users] Replacing Commercials with Private Commercials

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Apr 19 14:48:32 UTC 2010

On 4/19/2010 9:45 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:

>> Im looking for a way to replace regular commercials on tv with my own
>> commercials. I have seen this down in bank and it shouldn't be to hard since
>> MythTV already detects commercials. I have a client that has a TV in there
>> waiting room and is usually stationed to CNN what the client wants to do is
>> play commercial he would make to the people in the waiting room.
>>
>> Any Ideas.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Jorge Fernandez
>> Visit me at http://www.jorgefernandezonline.com/
>>

> Is that legal?

Probably not.

In your home you could probably do whatever you wanted within the confines of fair use.

But in an office place for the benefit of patrons, probably not within fair use?

Crossing over into a business use is typically one of the lines when broadcasters become litigious after being crossed.

  -Ben