[mythtv-users] Vdpau of out memory issues with Avenard repos on Mythbuntu 9.10/0.22 Fixes

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sun Apr 18 20:52:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but it was been working fine for 6 months, and the last month
> or so it has started doing this.  No other changes bar occasional
> update (to try and fix mytharchive...)

What theme are you using? I found that if I used the Mythbuntu theme,
this would happen after about a day of uptime. This was with a
discrete 512M Nvidia 9500GT, so no issues about the amount of memory
allocated to the card. When I looked at the mythfrontend process in
"top", it kept growing. I think this *may* be related to the
fanart/coverart. In any case, switching to the Metallurgy theme and
adding a cron job to restart the frontend at around 3:00AM every day
seems to have fixed it for me.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,