[mythtv-users] USB IR Blaster: close but no cigar

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Apr 17 15:24:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 22:25 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> I'd be curious to see if it behaves differently with a different
> machine (or more specifically, a different usb controller).

I suppose I could compile LIRC on another machine just to test the
blaster. I'll get around to that this weekend.

My current machine has ports on both the front and back; is there any
way to find out if these are on different controllers? The output of
"lsusb" is confusing:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2040:4900 Hauppauge
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp.
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:c001 Logitech, Inc. N48/M-BB48 [FirstMouse
Plus]
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c517 Logitech, Inc. LX710 Cordless Desktop
Laser
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Presumably "Hauppage" is the HD-PVR which is plugged in the back. But
the Logitech is also plugged in the back and it's a different bus? The
Topspeed is plugged in the front and it's the same bus as the Logitech?
If I'm reading this right, the ports are wired really strangely.

> send it my way and I can investigate. :)

If you're serious about that, I'll take you up on it for the good of the
project, as if this one can't be made to work on this machine, it will
be useless to me and I will have to order a different one anyway.

--Greg