[mythtv-users] Best way to get 0.23 backend with Debian Lenny

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Apr 16 20:17:46 UTC 2010

2010/4/16 Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk>:

> What's the best way to get this backend onto a Debian Lenny system?
>
> I would like to avoid building from source if possible :-)

If your goal is to get a stable Debian-based system which doesn't
break during upgrades, it might be worth noticing that Ubuntu 10.04 is
a LTS release, meaning that you'll get 3 years of support on the
desktop edition. Looking on the history of Debian
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#Release_history), 3 years of
support also seems to be the default in recent Debian releases. Lenny
was released on the 14th of February 2009, meaning that you can expect
support until around February 2012. Ubuntu/Mythbuntu 10.04 will be
released in a week or so, meaning you'll get support until around
April 2013.

I have a Ubuntu 8.04 Server LTS running and I've selected only to
allow security updates on it, eg. it's very stable during upgrades.

Just an alternative thought :)

Best Regards
Kenni