[mythtv-users] Best way to get 0.23 backend with Debian Lenny

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Apr 16 19:40:28 UTC 2010

> Hi,
>
> Since 0.23 has some nice fixes for DVB-T subtitles I would like to
> upgrade.
>
> What's the best way to get this backend onto a Debian Lenny system?
>
> I would like to avoid building from source if possible :-)
>
> Can you use the testing packages from debian-multimedia.org?
>
> /Jeppe

No, the testing packages in debian-multimedia.org depend on libraries that
are newer than what's in Lenny.  You'll get dependency errors, and it will
refuse to install.  JYA's repo has packages built against Ubuntu 9.04 and
newer, which will also give the same dependency errors if you tried to
install them.

I think you have two choices if you want 0.23:

1. Build from source.  It really isn't hard, but it's definitely more
effort, especially to keep it up to date.
2. Upgrade to Squeeze.  I've been running Squeeze for months (updating every
week or so), and haven't had any problems.