[mythtv-users] New to mythtv world

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Fri Apr 16 15:50:22 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Gmail
Sent: 16 April 2010 16:22
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] New to mythtv world

 Hi,

I'm a newbie in this world, but i was looking for responses in the forums and mailling list archives before posting here but i didn't find anything so......

Well I'm usign mythbuntu 10.04, so mythtv .23 RC2, i have 2 capture cards, a TD-500 and a HVR-4000. I'm from Spain, so i'm trying to view dvb frecuencies from Spain. Well, my questions are:

1.- How can i check if lna_activation is on?
2.- How can i get the EPG on screen?
3.- I can't view anything with the HVR. In the DVB-S frontend, i activate the Universal LNB in the DiSeq box, and on both frontends i check "On Demand" and uncheck "Active EIT". I create an input group called HVR for both, but after this ......., the scan fails every time.... What the log says is: Device busy ......

Well i hope my english is enough good. Thanks to all here
TaSS

Can't help with 2 and 3 but as to 1. I don't believe td500 has an onboard amp, T500 yes. Now I maybe/probably am wrong, but I couldn't get any different reception trying to turn the amp on/off. In the end I loaded the Hauppauge windows s/w on a spare hard drive and couldn't find the option in the menus to turn the amp on/off.

YMMV. Hope this helps.

Steve.