[mythtv-users] Disappearing recordings?

j2u4 j2u4 j2u44u at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 22:31:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is your system easily accessible from the internet.  One of the issues
> that crops up from time to time on this list is webcrawler programmes
> getting access to mythweb.  As they crawl over the various pages they
> hit all the controls including the 'delete recording' buttons.

No, the machine is behind a NAT, inaccessible from the outside world. If I
did want to check logs for this, though, where does mythweb leave them?

Otherwise, do you have plenty of recording space available?  Check
> system status for available recording space and autoexpire list.

Yes, plenty of space. But you know what? I think you just solved the
problem: the machine had rebooted, and the second drive, which was mounted
in /var/lib/mythtv, for some reason didn't mount on startup. It does indeed
have the missing shows. I don't know why it didn't mount on reboot. 'mount
-a' just brought it online without error. This hasn't happened before, and
that's why it didn't even occur to me to check.

So, thanks for the help. It turned out it was totally unrelated to mythtv.

-j2