[mythtv-users] Can't get S-video out to work on Dell ATI Radeon 7500 32MB low-profile AGP Video Card

Steven Dennis nzdreamer55 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:38:49 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I have figured out how to set up Myth-TV using the mythbuntu 9.10
distro for my HTPC, however I am having trouble with my graphic card.
I have seen several things that discus using older ATI cards, but I
have to say that I am pretty dumb when it comes to Linux (I can do
very little with the command line and am just learning linux).

My rig is an old Dell Optiplex SFF 260 that I got from my work for
free.  It had 1 PCI slot which now has a TV tuner card in it, and a
AGP slot which had my graphic card in it.  I wanted to use the s-video
out to hook up to my TV, but only get a signal during the initial
start up of the computer (i.e. when the BIOS is starting the machine).

Where should I start trouble shooting this?  How do I tell which video
drivers are being used?  Is there a way to force the s-video channel
opened all the time?  I don't see any jumpers on the card so I assume
that it must all be done through software.

I am only working with SD going to a 32" CRT style TV.

Thanks

Steve