[mythtv-users] USB IR Blaster: close but no cigar

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Apr 15 17:32:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 11:05 -0400, Scott wrote:

> > Anything I can do to debug this and figure out what else I may have done
> > wrong?

> try the second ir port? (remember to SET_TRANSMITTERS)

I haven't tried this since I recompiled lirc from CVS. I'll be surprised
if it works, but I'll have to try it just to cover all the bases. I
probably won't have time to do that until late tonight or tomorrow.

I am still wondering if there is any way to get irsend or mceusb to be
more verbose about what they are doing. Maybe I'd have better luck with
an Iguanaworks device?

IR blasting is one technology that has never been kind to me. This is
the second time I have tried (last time with a serial blaster a year or
so ago and I ended up setting up firewire channel changing instead which
is not an option this time), and I have never been able to make it
work )-:

--Greg