[mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels after digital switchover

martin martin at mstubbs.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 08:52:25 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 14 Apr 2010 09:42:27 Peter Toft wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if anyone can help with this problem:
>
> After digital switchover completed in the UK last week, I cannot
> record any of the channels on Freeview MUX D (ARQ B), including Film4
> and ITV4. The channels were found correctly and in the correct channel
> positions during channel scanning, but the tuners do not achieve
> signal lock. (My TV, connected to the same aerial socket as the Myth
> box, gets a perfect (80-85%) signal on all MUXes including 'D'.) The
> Myth box is picking up all the other MUXes just fine. Previously the
> Myth box had no trouble recording any of the MUXes/channels.
>
> The pertinent bits of my configuration are:
> - 2 x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual tuner cards (all 4 tuners set to multirec)
> - MythTV 0.21 on Ubuntu 9.04 with all updates
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Have you checked in the database that you are receiving that Mux from Mendip and not another transmitter? I am also in N Bristol and I can record from that Mux with no problems. The transmission parameters for that Mux are the same as 3 others with only the one with Sky News using qam_16 (according to my database).

I had problems receiving transmissions from "up north" so I used the file created by running the linuxtv scan utility to control which frequencies were scanned. If you are using eit you will need to edit the networkid in the database to make eit work (quick insert of 5 values).

I am using 0.23-fixes but can't see why 0.21 wouldn't work as the Mux parameters are the same as the BBC Mux.

Let me know if you need more help

Martin